EnergyBet wants to ensure that its clients bet in a responsible manner. We acknowledge that betting can be addictive to some and affect their lives negatively. Since we care for our clients, and want online betting to be an enjoyable experience, we offer various measures for a client to bet in a responsible manner. These can be set by the client and include the following:
At EnergyBet we believe that sports betting should be played for fun and entertainment. However, we also realise that gambling can be addictive and there is a risk you could develop an addiction.
When a gambler loses the sense of fun that casual gambling is meant to generate it means that he has a problem. He may begin to look at gambling as a way to make money or worse still he keeps on gambling to try and win back money he had previously lost. He often believes that he has special luck or abilities or that his luck may be about to change. When you gamble not just for that rush and you find yourself chasing losses and betting more, the result is a vicious circle of increasing losses and increased betting to recover the losses.
Responsible Gambling Tips
For many people gambling is exciting and entertaining. They make careful decisions about how to spend their time and money, where to go and how to have fun.
Here is how you can control your gambling:
- Decide on a loss limit ahead of time and stick to it
- Low-risk gambling is a way of playing with very little chance of losing control. The key to low-risk gambling is to realize that "it's only a game"
- Never borrow money to gamble
- Set a time limit
- Take frequent breaks
- Balance gambling with other activities
- Don't gamble when highly stressed, depressed, intoxicated or troubled in some other way
- Only gamble with money set aside for entertainment, never with money for everyday expenses.
You can realize you have a problem:
- If you are leaving your family alone for long periods of time, in order to gamble
- If you arguing frequently with your partner about spending too much time and money on gambling and find that you cannot stop or limit yourself
- If you are gambling family money needed for rent/mortgage, schooling, medical purposes, groceries, clothes, or heat
- If you feel you have to gamble to get to spend time with people you understand
- When you are with your family, at work or at social events, you find that your are constantly thinking about your next bet
- If you look at gambling as a way of making money fast.
If your answer to any of the above is “YES” then we suggest that you take action immediately BEFORE it becomes a worse problem. There are many organizations that may help you to control your problem.
Actions to take
Whilst most customers enjoy their gambling, we recognise that for a small number of people, gambling can cease to be fun and may become problematic. With this in mind, please may we ask you take a moment to read about our player protection facilities:
Time Out (Short Break)
At EnergyCasino/EnergyBet, we offer a Time Out facility. This enables customers to temporarily close their accounts for the following durations:
- 24 hours
- 1 week
- 30 days
Once a Time Out period has begun, a customer will not be able to deposit funds or use any of our products. EnergyBet only: any unsettled bets will be honoured and settled accordingly, with any winnings added to accounts.
EnergyCasino/EnergyBet provides a Self-exclusion facility, allowing customers to exclude themselves for a minimum of 6 months. Once a self-exclusion period has started it is not possible, under any circumstances, to re-activate an account until the period has expired. During self-exclusions, EnergyCasino/EnergyBet is committed to preventing new accounts from being opened by the customer in question.
To self-exclude, simply select the period desired from the options. In line with regulations, we offer self-exclusion periods of 6 or 12 months. Please be aware that self-exclusion is effective immediately. At the end of the chosen period, the self-exclusion will remain in place unless the customer takes deliberate action to re-start gambling.
If a customer chooses not to renew the self-exclusion, before an account can be re-opened, a Responsible gaming form must be completed and submitted via our customer service team, once submitted, the responsible gaming team will review your feedback before making the decision to re-open an account following a self-exclusion.
Should the Responsible gaming team allow you re-start gambling again, a cooling off period of 24 hours will be observed before gambling can take place.
For further information regarding the account closure facility, please contact Customer Services, via the 'help' button located on the menu bar.
We encourage players to set deposit, wager, or loss limits, to responsibly manage funds on their accounts. Limits can be set for periods of 24 hours, 7 days, or 30 days, and cannot be overridden. Players can decrease their limits, with immediate effect, at any time.
For instance, players should carefully consider if they can afford it, before increasing deposit limits. Players should never increase deposits in an effort to win back money they have lost. Players will be required to wait 24 hours before requests to increase or revoke limits are actioned.
Limits can be set, amended, or cancelled by accessing the Responsible Gaming section, and selecting the appropriate limit tab.
Protection of Minors
With the Internet so readily accessible in homes around the world, responsible online gambling relies heavily on responsible parenting. In order to ensure child safety on the Net, The Casino encourages its Players to make use of filtering software to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material. Underage gambling is not only illegal, but can also result in gambling dependencies and huge gambling debts incurred by unsupervised children.
Tips for Parents:
- Do not leave your computer unattended.
- Password-protect your computer.
- Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gambling/betting activity.
- Keep your login / account details and credit card(s) out of the reach of children.
- Do not save passwords onto your computer. Write them down instead.
- Limit the amount of time your children spend online and make use of software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material.
There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet. These include :
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content : www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software allowing parents to add their own sites to block : www.cybersitter.com
Support-line for gambling addicts
If you believe that you might be negatively addicted to gambling, we encourage you to seek help through these areas of our website and also contact us through email. You can also contact directly and anonymously the following independent organisations who are professionally trained to help:
EnergyBet will endeavour to make a Player’s experience with us an enjoyable one. However, there may be occasions where a Player feels dissatisfied with the quality of our product/s or our customer service. A Player may raise a complaint by sending an e-mail to our Customer Service at: email@example.com
We will endeavour to handle complaints within 48 hours of receiving them.
Should you not be satisfied with the way your complaint was resolved or handled, you may escalate the issue to the Malta Gaming Authority by sending them an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important that only complaints of a serious nature are escalated to the Authority.